If you are a librarian, or work in a library, here are a few tips for your Profile:
- The name of your library in the Company field.
- Your Library type (Academic, Public, Primary or elementary school, Secondary school/high school, or Special).
- In your bio, include your role at the library and your responsibilities.
- Your library or library system website.
- If you post reviews on your website or blog, indicate which is the primary place you recommend books in your Bio. Then, add any other links where your reviews appear or are promoted (such as websites, other blogs, etc.)
- Be sure to connect your social accounts, too!
- Your Topics - share how you interact with books. For example, if you listen to Audiobooks and/or are in a Book Club.
- Add the Categories that interest you the most - you'll receive special recommendations on your dashboard and via email based on your interests.
- Professional Associations you are a member of, that are relevant to your use of NetGalley, can all be listed in your Bio.
- Your professional email address, not a personal email.
- By default, public reviews on the NetGalley site will be displayed with your profile photo, first name, last initial, and member type. If you prefer, you can replace your name with an auto-generated alias displayed next to your reviews instead.
If you are an American Library Association (ALA) member, please add your ALA member number.
If you are an Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA) member, please add your ALIA member number.
If you have a valid number, we'll add a special designation to your member account, which publishers will see when you request their books.