NetGalley is a site used primarily for book industry professionals and other "professional readers"--our term to indicate those who typically get access to books before they are published to help build buzz. Professional readers are reviewers, media, bloggers, librarians, educators, and booksellers. If you don't have a blog or other outlet to promote books, you may find that your requests are typically declined.
Articles in this section
- Before You Request
- What is NetGalley, and how does it work?
- Who can use NetGalley?
- I'm a professional reader. How do I get started?
- Which member role do I select when I register?
- Why am I required to fill out a profile before I can request?
- How can I see what books and publishers are available on NetGalley?
- I’m a reviewer/blogger. How can I see what books are available on NetGalley?
- I’m a member of the media. How can I see what books are available on NetGalley?
- I’m a librarian. How can I see what books are available on NetGalley?