If you see a “user not activated” error message when trying to open a NetGalley file on your device:
- Connect your device to your computer.
- Delete the Adobe Digital Editions file from the device.
- Disconnect the device, then reconnect it.
- Open Adobe Digital Editions.
- You should see a pop-up asking if you want to authorize the device. Click yes and follow the prompts.
- That will authorize the device on your Adobe account. Then drag the files you want to read onto the device using Adobe Digital Editions (in other words, click on the book cover, and then drag it to the left-hand column, where the device is listed below your bookshelves).