While we highly recommend using the NetGalley Shelf app, you can also use the OverDrive app to read NetGalley files on your Android device. (Note that the NetGalley Shelf app is the exclusive way to listen to audiobooks made available on NetGalley)
You can use the OverDrive app to read NetGalley files on your Android device:
Please note: the OverDrive app does not support protected PDFs, but you can still download protected EPUB files.
1. Download the OverDrive app on your device from the app store.
2. Open the OverDrive app and tap "Sign Up" to create a free account (or Sign In if you already have one). If signing up for the first time, you will need to verify your email address by visiting your email account.
3. Once you sign in on the app, click on the menu icon (top-left) and select "Settings." Then scroll down and tap on "Adobe ID" under "Ebook Settings." You'll want to confirm that your app is now authorized with your email address associated with your OverDrive account.
4. Then, using Chrome on your device, visit your NetGalley account, locate the book you wish to read, and press the Download button (which will also indicate the file format available).
5. A new window will appear asking if you'd like to open the file, and then which app you'd like to open the file with - select OverDrive app. The file will download to your app's bookshelf where you can then click on it to read.
Click here to learn more about the OverDrive app!