Thanks to the free Bluefire Reader app, NetGalley members can read protected, Adobe DRM-protected files in EPUB or PDF format on their iOS device (iPad, iPhone, etc)!
Here's how the Bluefire Reader app works:
1. First, download the Bluefire Reader app from the Apple App Store (it’s free!) onto your iPhone/iPad.
2. Open the Bluefire Reader app and follow the prompts to authorize it using your Adobe username and password.* (You will only have to do this once.)
*Don’t have an Adobe ID or don't remember it?
If you use Adobe Digital Editions, you can find your Adobe ID by going to Help, and then choose “Authorization Information.” The popup screen will tell you what username is authorized for that computer. Your Adobe username and password from your computer MUST match what you put in the app.
3. Using your iPhone/iPad’s browser, sign into your NetGalley account.
- Go to the book you want to read, and then press the Download button.
- Press OK on the pop-up.
- You will then see a downward arrow icon in the top-right of your screen. Tap it, and you will see your file “ISBN.acsm” tap again on the file to open it Bluefire Reader.
4. The app will open and automatically download the book.
5. Then if you press the READ NOW button, the file opens and you can begin to read.
*If the book has already expired, when you try to open it in the Bluefire Reader app you’ll get this:
If you’re having trouble transferring a digital review copy to the Bluefire Reader app please note:
- It is easy to have a typo in the Adobe ID or password – be sure to check that what you have in your Adobe Digital Editions and in the Bluefire Reader app are correct.
- There are a limited number of devices that Adobe activates with your Adobe ID.
- You may need to have the latest iPhone/iPad OS.
- If you are using Chrome, try using Safari instead.
- More info about the Bluefire Reader app can be found on their website.
- For more help with the Bluefire Reader app, see their help section.
- If you have problems from the NetGalley side, feel free to contact support.