While we highly recommend using the NetGalley Shelf app, follow these instructions to download approved books to your Nook HD or Tablet. (Note that the NetGalley Shelf app is the exclusive way to listen to audiobooks made available on NetGalley)
Follow these instructions to download approved books to your Nook HD or Tablet:
- DRM-protected files must be opened and authorized through Adobe Digital Editions on your computer first. Download it to your computer for free here.
- Use the Download button on the title details page to download to Adobe Digital Editions.
- Make sure you have authorized your Nook HD or tablet with your Adobe ID. To do this click on the gear icon on the top right of your device's screen, then go to All Settings. Select Account Settings, and then Adobe Digital Editions, and Add User. Here you will enter your Adobe ID and password. Don't know your Adobe ID? Click here.
- Connect your NOOK HD or tablet to your computer using the USB port provided (it also functions as your charger).
- After a few moments, your computer should say it has detected a new disk drive. Depending on your computer, the drive may show up as MyNOOK, or it may just be an extra drive. *Some Windows computers may ask if you want to install a driver for a NOOK device. Click Cancel to close this dialog box.
- On your computer, click the NOOK drive to open it, click on Internal Storage, then click My Files to open that subfolder.
- Then drag and drop your NetGalley files from your My Digital Editions folder in the Documents section on your computer to your Nook-My Files folder.
- Once you've done this you should see the files appear on your device in your Nook library under My Files.