If you are working as a journalist, or in the media (online, print, radio, TV, etc), here are a few tips for your Profile:
- Please include your company name.
- In your Bio, include your position and responsibilities at your company.
- If you are a freelance journalist, please indicate in your Bio your past freelance assignments.
- If you post reviews on your website or blog, indicate which is the primary place you recommend books in your Bio. Then, add any other links where your reviews appear or are promoted (such as websites, other blogs, etc.)
- Be sure to connect your social accounts, too!
- Your Reading Habits - share how you interact with books. For example, if you listen to Audiobooks and/or are in a Book Club.
- Add the Categories that interest you the most - you'll receive special recommendations on your dashboard and via email based on your interests.
- If possible, use your company/professional email address.
- Professional Associations you are a member of, that are relevant to your use of NetGalley. (Don't see yours listed? Let us know!)
- By default, public reviews on the NetGalley site will be displayed with your profile photo, first name, last initial, and member type. If you prefer, you can replace your name with an auto-generated alias displayed next to your reviews instead.