We highly recommend that you include the following information in your Profile:
- Use the dropdown to indicate the type of bookstore where you work (Bookstore chain, Distributor/Wholesaler, Independent bookstore, Online retail, or Retail (not specifically books).
- The name of your store, including the location.
- Link to your store’s website.
- If you post reviews on your own website or blog, indicate which is the primary place you recommend books (and audiobooks) in your Bio. Then, add any other links where your reviews appear or are promoted (such as websites, other blogs, etc.)
- Be sure to connect your social accounts, too!
- Topics - For example, if you listen to Audiobooks and/or are in a Book Club.
- Add the Categories that interest you the most - you'll receive special recommendations on your dashboard and via email based on your interests.
- Please indicate if you are a member of any professional associations; for example, if your store is a member of the American Booksellers Association (US), The Booksellers Association (UK & Ireland), or the Australian Booksellers Association.
- By default, public reviews on the NetGalley site will be displayed with your profile photo, first name, last initial, and member type. If you prefer, you can replace your name with an auto-generated alias displayed next to your reviews instead
Adding ABA or BA membership numbers to an account
If you are a member of the American Booksellers Association (US) or the Booksellers Association (UK & Ireland*), you can add your member number to your NetGalley Profile. The ABA/BA logo will appear next to your name for publishers to see when you request their books. To add your number:
- Sign into NetGalley and head to your profile by clicking on your avatar (or the silhouette) in the menu at the top right side of the screen.
- Click the "EDIT" link to the right of the Bookseller section
- In the "Enter ABA/BA Number" field, enter your number and then click "SAVE"
Your number will be verified instantly and publishers will see the icon next to your name when you make requests for their books.