Publishers and authors rely on your reviews and Feedback to better promote and sell their books. Many librarians, for instance, use NetGalley to make purchasing decisions for their collections.
Please refer to our NetGalley Review Guidelines and check out ways that Librarians can provide meaningful Feedback:
Share your opinion of the book with the publisher:
- Is your library likely to purchase this title?
- Will you recommend this title through Readers’ Advisory, book clubs, events, etc?
- Will you recommend the title for the LibraryReads list? (US and CA only - learn more here)
- Will you adopt this audiobook for a course, curriculum, or classroom?
- Will you recommend that your students read or purchase this audiobook?
- Do you like the narrator?
- Would you recommend this audiobook to others?
Add descriptive tags to help describe and categorize the book for readers.
Notes for the publisher - Use this section to submit a private note to the publisher. This can include any actions that resulted from accessing the digital review copy, such as "I have ordered 10 copies of this for my library," or "I am planning an author event." Even if just to say that you enjoyed the book and will be recommending it to your patrons and/or colleagues.
Remember, if you're a member of the American Library Association, add your ALA member number to your NetGalley profile to receive a special "ALA badge" that publishers see when you request a book. ALA members often receive faster and more frequent approvals. If you're not an ALA member, or are based outside the US, choose from the list of available Associations on your Profile page.
If you are a librarian located in Australia, you can add your Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA) member number to your NetGalley profile. Read more here.
*If you have a legitimate reason why you're unable to submit feedback for a certain book, that information is helpful to both the publisher and NetGalley team, but please note that it does not count towards your Ratio.
Submit a Review:
- Notify the publisher and fellow NetGalley members of your full review, especially if you share reviews for books on your website, library blog, or if it was a staff or faculty pick that included a review of the book.
- Would you recommend this book? Give it a quick rating from 1 to 5 stars.
- Be sure to include all links if the review appears online (you can add multiple links by clicking the "Add links" icon).
- Share new and previously submitted reviews socially!
Want some more tips on writing reviews?
Check out these articles from We Are Bookish, our editorial blog for NetGalley members -- presenting an independent voice to highlight books and a bookish lifestyle!