Publishers and authors rely on your reviews and Feedback to better promote and sell their books. Many librarians, for instance, use NetGalley to make purchasing decisions for their collections. Here are some ways that librarians can provide meaningful Feedback:
Share your opinion of the book with the publisher:
- Is your library likely to purchase this title?
- Will you recommend this title through Readers’ Advisory, book clubs, events, etc?
- Will you recommend the title for the LibraryReads list? (US and CA only - learn more here)
- Do you nominate this title for the LibrariansChoice List? (AU only - learn more here)
- Add descriptive tags to help describe and categorize the book for readers.
- Thoughts for the publisher - Use this section to submit a private note to the publisher. This can include any actions that resulted from accessing the title, such as "I have ordered 10 copies of this for my library," or "I am planning an author event." Even if just to say that you enjoyed the book and will be recommending it to your patrons and/or colleagues.
- Notify the publisher and fellow NetGalley members of your full review, especially if you share reviews for titles on your website, library blog, or if it was a staff or faculty pick that included a review of the title.
- Would you recommend this book? Give it a quick rating from 1 to 5 stars.
- Be sure to include all links if the review appears online (you can add multiple links by clicking the "Add links" icon).
- Share new and previously submitted reviews socially!
Plus! We work with so many librarians that we occasionally ask for their own tips and tricks when using NetGalley - click here for our Librarian Voices blog series!
Remember, if you're a member of the American Library Association, add your ALA member number to your NetGalley profile to receive a special "ALA badge" that publishers see when you request a title. ALA members often receive faster and more frequent approvals. If you're not an ALA member, or are based outside the US, choose from the list of available Associations on your Profile page.
If you are a librarian located in Australia, you can add your Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA) member number to your NetGalley profile. Read more here.