You have the option to offer Permanent Adobe-protected (DRM) downloads via NetGalley which you will see as a default option on the SETTINGS page, as well as in the SETTINGS section on the TITLE DETAILS page.
· You can choose which titles you want readers to keep permanently, whether for giveaways, key reviewers, academic contacts or desk copy requests. You can set the permanent download Reading Option on a title-by-title basis.
If you offer your titles as Protected Galleys, Permanent, readers will be able to download your galley as a protected (DRM) file forever.
- Readers will not be able to print the file.
- The content cannot be copied.
- The file will not expire.
- The file cannot be forwarded or used by another person’s Adobe ID.
In order to view the title, contacts must login to NetGalley and download the file. They can then access the file through Adobe Digital Editions and/or on their compatible device, even if they are not logged in or do not have Internet/wireless access. Readers must have downloaded Adobe Digital Editions (free) and authorized it to their Adobe ID.
You can choose either a permanent or temporary Download option for each title.
Important! If you choose the Permanent option, there is a $0.30/£0.19 charge per download. This is directly related to the cost Adobe charges NetGalley to make this option available. As always, there is no charge for temporary downloads.
Kindle files have never had an expiration date. As a reminder, Adobe-protected files can be accessed on all devices and tablets EXCEPT for Kindle.
View information about other DRM settings here: