The Notes section under Give Feedback can be utilized in a number of ways.
1) If you are a librarian, educator, bookseller, or someone else whose primary reason for reading galleys isn't to write reviews, this section is useful for feedback such as:
- After reading this title I purchased it for my library/classroom/bookstore.
- We will be hosting the author for a signing on ___.
- We also included the title in a special display in the library/bookstore.
2) If you are a reviewer you can use this section in addition to submitting a review. Helpful notes include:
- I'll be posting my review for this title in August, on my blog/retailer site/etc.
- I would love to interview the author for my blog/website.
Be sure to include anything you only want the publisher see in the Notes section, since submitted reviews are visible to NetGalley members.
PS: If you have a legitimate reason why you're unable to submit feedback for a certain book, (for instance, the content wasn’t what you expected/doesn’t fit with your blog, you were unable to download the file, etc.) you can let the publisher know via the “I will not be giving feedback on this title” section on the Feedback form.
Here are some suggestions for leaving feedback for:
Librarians l Reviewers/Bloggers l Educators l Booksellers l Media