It’s a good idea to edit the message that members receive when you approve or decline their requests. You can customize by title, or use a default message for all titles. Here are some example Approval emails:
Thank you for requesting [Title] from NetGalley! You can now access the book by logging in to NetGalley. Check your Dashboard or your Shelf.
We are counting on your feedback and look forward to hearing from you once you've finished reading the book. We would love to see your feedback here on NetGalley, as well as on Goodreads and other retail sites. Reviews like yours are critical in helping us reach out to potential readers, so thank you!
- To connect with [Author]: [include social media links, or blog]
- To participate in a blog tour with [Author]: [url]
- If you'd like to learn more about [topic]: [url]
- Find more books from [Publisher] here: [NetGalley Publisher Profile]
We make our upcoming titles available on NetGalley as a service to booksellers, librarians, professional book reviewers, and consumer reviewers.
For booksellers and librarians, please consider our titles for the Indie Next List or LibraryReads. You can make nominations from within your account when you provide feedback. For consumer reviewers, we ask that you post your review to NetGalley and share as widely as you are able: Goodreads, your local independent bookstore’s website, Facebook, Barnes and Noble, Amazon, and more. You can share to your social network from within your NetGalley account.
We hope that you sign up for our email newsletter [link] so that we can keep you informed about forthcoming titles. Thank you and I hope you enjoy the book!
Thank you for requesting a [Publisher] title from NetGalley! You can now access the title by logging into NetGalley. Check your dashboard, or your Shelf. [Publisher] will be posting new digital review copies every month in a wide range of genres, so please come back and check on us often. Whether you're interested in romance, women's fiction, erotica, YA or nonfiction titles, [Publisher] has something for everyone. By submitting a review through NetGalley, you agree that [Publisher] and/or its related companies may use your review (in whole or in part) for promotional purposes relating to [Publisher] products in any and all media with appropriate attribution. Please be sure to include the following when you post your review:
- Name of the publication/blog/outlet where your review will be published/posted
- Run date for when the review will be posted/published
- A link to your review, if available, so the publisher can share your review (note: click the link icon
- Your review will be sent as soon as you hit the SEND NOW button on the "Share Feedback" page.
A few notes:
- [Publisher] appreciates your interest in our books and respectfully requests that you do not publish reviews until 30 days prior to the book's pub date. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
- Many of our titles are active for only 30 days. To ensure you are able to read and review the title, we encourage you to download the book immediately.
- We are counting on your feedback and look forward to hearing from you once you've finished reading the book. Not only would we love to see your feedback here on NetGalley but also on consumer reviewer and social media sites. As independent authors, reviewers are critical in helping us reach out to potential readers.
- If you'd be interested in hosting an author on your blog, we'd be happy to take your request at [email address]. Please specify which author/ book you are interested in.
- Visit the NetGalley Knowledge Base for help, including how to download to your device and submit feedback. Have more questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.