For reviewers, it is very important to let publishers know where you recommend books (and audiobooks), how often you review, and the size of your audience.
Here are a few specific guidelines:
- Use the dropdown to indicate where you primarily review books (Blog/Website, Consumer Website, Social Platform).
- Include a photo or your logo.
- Add links to where you share reviews, and who your primary audience is. We recommend keeping your blog/website and social platforms current—publishers want to see that they are updated frequently.
- Indicate which Categories and Topics you focus on when reading & reviewing.
- Add your Bio, keeping it professional and succinct, focusing on relevant info about how you use digital review copies, how often you review, and the size of your audience. Publishers see this while deciding to approve requests so think of your Bio as your book advocate resume!
- Be sure to connect your social accounts, too!
- Grab a copy of our Book Advocate Toolkit - designed to have everything you need to succeed!
- Here's a few Do and Don'ts for your NetGalley profile, and 10 Things You Should Include in Your NetGalley Profile -- brought to you by We Are Bookish, NetGalley's editorial blog for members.
- Your Topics - share how you interact with books. For example, if you listen to Audiobooks and/or are in a Book Club.
- Add the Categories that interest you the most - you'll receive special recommendations on your dashboard and via email based on your interests.
*If you identify personally as an OwnVoices reviewer, we suggest including that in the Bio section of your Profile. Read more about OwnVoices.
- Have you earned any badges? Add them to your blog/website so publishers can see them!
- Many publishers will only approve requests if they can view your email address, for future follow-ups.
- By default, public reviews on the NetGalley site will be displayed with your profile photo, first name, last initial, and member type. If you prefer, you can replace your name with an auto-generated alias displayed next to your reviews instead.