Many of our publishers have found it helpful to create an InDesign preset to easily generate web-optimized PDFs for NetGalley. This article details how.
- In InDesign, click on File/Adobe PDF Presets
- Highlight [Smallest File Size] in the existing Presets
- Then click New…
- Name your new preset: NetGalley
- Setup Compression Screen as follows:
- No Marks or Bleeds – nothing checked on this window:
- Change Destination to Apple RBG – this will convert all of your CMYK images:
- No changes on this screen:
- On Summary window, click OK, now you’ll have a new Preset called NetGalley:
To Export a book to PDF:
- Do one of the following:
- To create a PDF of the entire book, click in a blank area of the Book panel to deselect any selected documents, and choose Export Book To PDF in the Book panel menu.
- To create a PDF of documents within a book, select the document or documents in the Book panel, and choose Export Selected Documents To PDF in the Book panel menu.
Specify a name and location for the PDF file, and then click Save.
Choose your new NetGalley preset from the Adobe PDF Preset menu.
Click Export (Windows) or Save (Mac OS).