Tips for writing your book review(s):
Start by answering these questions:
- What makes this book different from all others? And why should anyone care?
- Provide enough information about the plot of a novel or the facts in a nonfiction book that readers have some context for your opinions. Avoid providing so much information that your post resembles a book report instead of a more concise review.
- No spoilers! Be fair to your fellow readers, please.
- Whenever possible, put the positive things about a book, or author, up front.
- Be critical the book, not the author, if you don’t like what you’ve read. Explain why. (Click here for more tips for writing a critical book review.)
For even more tips for writing a book review click here.