Simple How-To Videos, Marketing Information and Examples, and Detailed Strategies for Using Tools and Reports
If you are not yet signed up to add titles to NetGalley, reach out for more information and to get started here.
Creating a New Title (3 minutes)
- How to create a new title record in NetGalley and upload your files.
Availability Settings (3:15 minutes)
- How to edit availability settings in NetGalley. Options for making your title available in the NetGalley catalog include Private/Invite Only, Requests Allowed, Read Now, Wish
Using the Widget (2:30 minutes)
- How to create and use the widget to invite your important contacts to download a specific title on NetGalley. View more widget best practices here.
Best Practices for Using the Widget (6:30 minutes)
-How to effectively incorporate the NetGalley widget into your marketing and publicity strategies.
Customizing Approval and Decline Emails (1:20 minutes)
- How to customize the email members receive when you approve or decline requests.
Wishes & Wish Granting (3:50 minutes)
- Learn the difference between Requests and Wishes, and how and why to grant wishes.
NetGalley Reporting (4:35 minutes)
- All about NetGalley Reporting--includes Active Title Report, Detailed Activity Report, Feedback Report, Snapshot PDF, and Opinions Report.
Strategies for Using NetGalley Reports (6:22 minutes)
-Learn strategies for using all of the reports available in NetGalley, including how best to reach your target audience.
Using Hashtags on NetGalley (2:25 minutes)
-Hashtags: What they are, and how you can incorporate them into your NetGalley strategy.
Region Preference & NetGalley.co.uk (2:49 minutes)
-Learn about the differences between NetGalley.com and NetGalley.co.uk and how to set region preferences for your titles within your NetGalley account.
Marketing Information and Examples
- Covers community size and site activity, common goals and strategies, and ways to use NetGalley's tools and reports designed to help you to make the most of this data-driven service. Plus, examples of our highly prized marketing programs, from featured placement on the website, to email newsletters and dedicated eblasts. *time stamps at bottom of this page
What's New at NetGalley (20 minutes)
-Details enhancements to encourage more feedback from members in more places and to streamline publishers' member management. As of June 2018.
Case Study (1 hour)
- A case study on the book launch for Mission: Jimmy Steward and the Fight for Europe by Robert Matzen. Sarah Miniaci at Smith Publicity reviews the marketing and publicity strategies that can help increase discoverability, word-of-mouth, and reviews. Any publicist or author can implement the tactics covered in this case study, which include (but are not limited to) how to incorporate NetGalley’s tools into wider campaigns.
The Life Cycle of a Book (30 minutes)
- Using NetGalley at various stages of a title’s publication schedule, from first pass through post-publication.
Wish Granting (30 minutes)
- How (and when) NetGalley members can Wish for your books, how you can Grant Wishes similar to a giveaway, and how best to take advantage of Wishing in your own campaigns or marketing through NetGalley.
Putting NetGalley to Work at Conferences and Events (30 minutes)
- Engaging your audience using NetGalley at events you are attending.
Make the most of all types of interest (30 minutes)
- Use custom approval and decline emails to engage with members, whether you are likely to approve or not.
The Author's Path (1 hour)
- NetGalley's own Stuart Evers and Myfanwy Collins share some real-life experiences that will enlighten and inspire. Perfect for debut and independent authors, The Author's Path video will present a behind-the-scenes look at everything from options once your book is finished, to marketing and PR advice.
NetGalley for University Presses (1 hour)
- Specific strategies addressing University Press needs.
If you have trouble viewing these recordings, please click this link and download the Windows Media Components.
Please email email@example.com with any questions!
*Time stamps for Goal-Oriented Strategies video:
- 0:00 - 4:08 - Community demographics and site activity
- 4:08 - 8:55 - How the site works, broadly, for members and publishers
- 8:55 - 10:30 - Example goals
- 10:30 - 17:50 - The NetGalley widget
- 17:50 - 38:36 - Selected strategies and tools
- Give earliest access to media and other important contacts (17:50)
- View history and Detailed Activity Report, curating your auto-approved list
- Availability settings and managing requests, wish granting, marketing opportunities
- Ways to ensure everyone knows about your titles' activity