The AVAILABILITY section is your one-stop place to plan a book's lifecycle on NetGalley.
Here are our suggested best practices for scheduling request availability:
- We recommend scheduling the Archive Date and request availability dates by member type ahead of time. Set it and forget it!
- Give all member types access at some point of your book's lifecycle, so you can benefit from all types of exposure.
- Keep your Archive Date and Pub Date in mind when scheduling availability. You can view all dates in one place on the Request Options page.
- Collect wishes from members who can't request, so that you can still generate enthusiasm for your titles even when you are limiting requests.
An example schedule:
- Send widgets to your most important long-lead media contacts while keeping the title Private/Invite Only.
- Give booksellers earliest access (for store purchasing/planning purposes)
- Allow media professionals request access
- Schedule librarian & educator access
- Last, but certainly not least, schedule request access for reviews (bloggers, BookTubers, bookstagrammers, and more!)