While we highly recommend using the NetGalley Shelf app, the free PocketBook Reader app allows NetGalley members to read Adobe DRM-protected files in EPUB or PDF format on their Android Device. (Note that the NetGalley Shelf app is the exclusive way to listen to audiobooks on NetGalley)
The free PocketBook Reader app allows NetGalley members to read Adobe DRM-protected files in EPUB or PDF format on their Android Device.
How to download and setup the PocketBook Reader app:
- Download and install the PocketBook Reader app from the Google Play store on to your Android device.
- Open the PocketBook app and you can either click on the 3 lines in the upper left and then scroll down to Settings or click directly on Settings in the lower right.
- Select Accounts from the Settings list.
- Click on Adobe DRM, and add your Adobe ID (email and password). If you need an Adobe ID, click here.
- Once the PocketBook app is downloaded and authorized, use the Internet browser on your Android device to visit your NetGalley account. Find the book you wish to read on your SHELF and then press the Download button.
- Once the file has downloaded, click on the Open file link next to the file name and it should bring you to "My Files" where after clicking on the file again, it will open in your PocketBook app.