For reviewers (including bloggers), it is very important to let publishers know where you recommend books, how often you review, and the size of your audience.
Here are a few specific guidelines:
- Include your blog name (or the primary place you review books) in your Company field.
- Tell publishers what type of reviewer you are (Blogger, Consumer Reviewer, Book Trade Professional, or Traditional Reviewer).
- Include a photo or your blog logo.
- Keep your Bio informative, and succinct. In general, the Bio does not need to include personal information, think of it like a resume, or LinkedIn profile---the more professional, the better!
- If you post reviews on your website or blog, indicate which is the primary place you recommend books in your Bio. Then, add any other links where your reviews appear or are promoted (such as websites, other blogs, etc.)
- Be sure to connect your social accounts, too!
- Your Reading Habits - share how you interact with books. For example, if you listen to Audiobooks and/or are in a Book Club.
- Add the Categories that interest you the most - you'll receive special recommendations on your dashboard and via email based on your interests.
- Have you earned any badges? Add them to your blog/website so publishers can see them!
- Many publishers will only approve requests if they can view your email address, for future follow-ups.
- Professional Associations you are a member of, that are relevant to your use of NetGalley. (Don't see yours listed? Let us know!)
- By default, public reviews on the NetGalley site will be displayed with your profile photo, first name, last initial, and member type. If you prefer, you can replace your name with an auto-generated alias displayed next to your reviews instead (Profile>Display Preferences>Edit).
We recommend keeping your blog current—publishers want to see that it is updated frequently. They also want to know that you have above-average access to readers, via your blog or social media, so be sure to include information on your “reach” (traffic, followers, subscribers, etc). For more blogger/review tips click here.